News, Events and Information about Toastmasters Clubs in the Greater Victoria Area
Welcome to the Division A Toastmasters web site. If you currently belong to a club, you can access news and event information here. If you are new to Toastmasters, read on. If you are looking for a club to join, see Club Listings.
NEWS: PAT JOHNSON HAS BEEN ELECTED THIRD VICE PRESIDENT!
We congratulate Pat for her win and wish her the very best in the coming year. I believe we all shar...
Why Join Toastmasters?
Toastmasters can help you in your career, business or profession. Would you like to:
- Give better sales presentations?
- Improve your leadership and management skills?
- Offer constructive feedback in a supportive and tactful way?
- Communicate more effectively with your peers?
- Express your thoughts and ideas clearly and confidently?
You don’t have to be in business or in the work force to benefit from Toastmasters. You can also use skills learned at Toastmasters to serve your community by
- Becoming more active and vocal in your church, charity or service organization
- Organizing activities and events
- Conducting meetings
And on a day to day personal level, Toastmasters training can help you communicate more effectively with your friends, neighbours and family.
NEWS: Victoria Diabetes Association is looking for volunteer presenters
Fellow Toastmasters, The Victoria Diabetes Association is looking for volunteer presenters to de...
How Toastmasters Works
At Toastmasters, we learn from each other. Meetings generally last between 1 and 2 hours and have anywhere between 10 and 35 members in attendance. Many people who join Toastmasters have some fear or anxiety around public speaking. Clubs are friendly and supportive.
Meetings consist of members delivering both prepared and impromptu speeches, followed by feedback and evaluation from other members.
Toastmaster meetings are designed to help members:
- Develop Leadership Skills by conducting meetings and volunteering to serve on club executive
- Develop Public Speaking and Communication Skills by delivering both impromptu and prepared speeches
- Develop Critical Thinking and Evaluation Skills by evaluating other members’ speeches and offering feedback in a constructive, supportive manner
Try Toastmasters Today!
Toastmasters meetings are fun, entertaining and energizing. There are over 20 clubs to choose from in the greater Victoria area.
You are welcome to visit any club. It's ok if you just want to observe - you don't have to participate unless you want to.
Different clubs meet at different times - morning, noon, afternoon and evening - and every day of the week except Sunday. Find a club that suits your schedule. For meeting times, locations and contact information - see Club Listings.
We look forward to seeing you!!